This mailing list keeps you up-to-date with new articles, columns, and Web pages that I have written. I list and link most of these on my Diabetes Directory at www.mendosa.com/diabetes.htm.
From time to time Diabetes Update may also include links to other Web pages of special interest.
My most recent contributions are:
- My current "About the Internet" column on the American Diabetes Association's Web site features the new iControlDiabetes Web site. At the end of the column is a special bonus for those who make it all the way through: a free membership to iControlDiabetes without having to go through a doctor or HMO.
The URL is
Diabetes Forecast - Live!
A couple of months ago HealthTalk Interactive distinguished itself with the best audio interview anyone ever did with me. It's on-line at http://healthtalk.com/den/path/mendosa/01.html.
Now, HealthTalk Interactive is moving on to even greater heights. Working together with the American Diabetes Association they are starting a live, monthly interactive webcast that will bring the magazine's cover feature to life. The premiere webcast will be Tuesday, April 24, at 5:30 p.m. PT / 8:30 p.m. ET on http://www.diabetesforecastlive.com.
The premiere webcast will feature actor Stephen Furst, who spent 25 years ignoring his type 2 diabetes until he hit bottom. Find out how he lost 150 pounds, gained control of his diabetes, and found a whole new way of living.
Also on the show will be two medical experts who will answer your questions about diabetes. You may either submit your questions before the webcast or call in during the show. The 800 number will be posted on the site before the program goes live. Or you can submit your questions by e-mail to http://www.diabetesforecastlive.com/feedback.cfm
I send out Diabetes Update email in HTML format, which all Web browsers and most modern email programs can display. HTML has live links to all the sites named in the text so that with a simple click of a mouse you can connect to the site you have just been reading about.
This mailing list is free and will never include advertising. Nor will I ever sell, rent, or trade your e-mail address to anyone without your permission.
I send out Diabetes Update about once every two weeks. Previous issues are online:
- Diabetes Update Number 1 of December 10, 2000
- Diabetes Update Number 2 of December 18, 2000
- Diabetes Update Number 3 of January 3, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 4 of January 17, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 5 of January 31, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 6 of February 15, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 7 of March 1, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 8 of March 15, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 9 of March 30, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 10 of April 2, 2001
This is a one-way "broadcast" mailing list that is not set up to accept replies. If you have any questions or wish to unsubscribe, simply write me at [email protected]. If your friends want to receive Diabetes Update, all they have to do is write me here.
Thanks for joining!