This mailing list keeps you up-to-date with new articles, columns, and Web pages that I have written. I list and link most of these on my Diabetes Directory at www.mendosa.com/diabetes.htm.
From time to time Diabetes Update may also include links to other Web pages of special interest.
My most recent contributions are:
on March 28, 2001
- The big news is that the Food and Drug Administration has finally approved the first non-invasive blood glucose meter. It's the GlucoWatch Biographer. As a bonus I throw in some new data on the size of the market. See
on March 26, 2001
- When "Diabetes Wellness Letter" asked me to report on the cost of insulin, they understood that the cost had really increased in the past ten years. That's not exactly what I discovered and the reason why the headline includes a question mark, "Is the Cost of Insulin Skyrocketing?" The article, which appeared in the April 2001 issue of "Diabetes Wellness Letter" is also on-line at
on March 30, 2001
- My current "About the Internet" column on the American Diabetes Association's Web site features three of the Merck Manuals that are on-line.
The URL is
I send out Diabetes Update email in HTML format, which all Web browsers and most modern email programs can display. HTML has live links to all the sites named in the text so that with a simple click of a mouse you can connect to the site you have just been reading about.
This mailing list is free and will never include advertising. Nor will I ever sell, rent, or trade your e-mail address to anyone without your permission.
I send out Diabetes Update about once every two weeks. Previous issues are online:
- Diabetes Update Number 1 of December 10, 2000
- Diabetes Update Number 2 of December 18, 2000
- Diabetes Update Number 3 of January 3, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 4 of January 17, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 5 of January 31, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 6 of February 15, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 7 of March 1, 2001
- Diabetes Update Number 8 of March 15, 2001
This is a one-way "broadcast" mailing list that is not set up to accept replies. If you have any questions or wish to unsubscribe, simply write me at email@example.com. If your friends want to receive Diabetes Update, all they have to do is write me here.
Thanks for joining!