Ken Kubos writes, "I like hummus and when I have chana dal I made it."
- 1 cup chana dal (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon garlic cloves — crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook chana dal beans 1 hours. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and puree to a smooth paste. Cover and chill.
Contributed by Ken Kubos via email.
Go back to Home Page
Go back to the chana dal page.
Last modified: April 28, 2005