993 E. Moorhead Circle Suite 2F
Boulder, Colorado 80305
This Quill for Hire
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
- Writing and editing for Web sites, newspapers, magazines, U.S. Army, U.S. Civil Service and U.S. Foreign Service, with emphasis on diabetes, business, technology, and politics.
- Experience in government and business while living and working on East and West Coasts, in Africa and Europe.
- Knowledge of journalism, political science, anthropology,
economics, accounting and real estate, combined
with intellectual curiosity, attention to detail,
organization and efficiency.
- 1998 - Present: Diabetes consultant.
- 1993 - Present: Freelance writer.
- 1989 - 1993: Associate and then senior editor, Hispanic Business magazine.
- 1988 - 1989: Freelance writer and contributing editor, Hispanic Business magazine.
- 1982 - 1988: Computer and electronics sales, management and consulting.
- 1980 - 1981: Senior writer, Hispanic Business magazine.
- 1977 - 1980: Real estate sales.
- 1961 - 1976: Management of economic assistance programs for the U.S. Agency for International Development in Washington, D.C., Kenya and Malawi.
- 1959: Editor-in-chief, The Highlander, University of California, Riverside.
- 1957 - 1958: Correspondent for the Overseas Weekly, Frankfurt, Germany.
- 1955 - 1957: Writer, U.S. Army public and troop information office, Würzburg, Germany.
- 1954 - 1955: Assistant sports editor, Riverside Enterprise, Riverside, California.
- 1961 M.A., government, Claremont Graduate University, Claremont, California.
- 1960 B.A. with honors, political science, University of California, Riverside.
- Hiking, backpacking, and snowshoeing in the Rocky mountains.
- Taking pictures with my digital cameras.
- Listening to classical music, particularly Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, and Schubert. Also ragas, Leonard Cohen, mellow rock, Dixieland jazz, country, and Cajun music.
- Playing chess.
- Reading, particularly history and biographies.
- Maintaining and improving my Web site.
Go back to David Mendosa's Home Page