- 3 cups dry chana dal
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- coriander, chopped
- 2 green chilis, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut, grated
- 2 tablespoons red chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon fenugreek
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Soak chana dal in water 6 hours ahead.
- Take 1/2 cup of it separately.
- Grind the remaining portion coarsely without adding water.
- Mix the ground dough with the remaining soaked dal, onion, coriander, chili, coconut, fenugreek, chili powder, and salt.
- Heat oil in pan, make patties of the dough and fry until it turns golden and crispy.
This was on the Web at http://site.gmu.edu/~sneelam/AP/recipe/snacks/mvada.html, but has been removed from that location. That page cited Rathika as the source.
Go back to Home Page
Go back to the chana dal page.
Last modified: January 11, 2001