Last month HealthCentral published five more of my diabetes articles about all aspects of the condition:
- Visualize Yourself. My doctor's shock treatment for his patients who have diabetes is to visualize themselves 15 years later. I do this and recommend it to you too.
- Promises to Myself. Do you want to make any promises -- either public or private -- to help promote your weight loss and better health? I made some promises and announcing them here is working for me.
- Eating Blueberries with a Smile. We no longer need to feel guilty when we enjoy blueberries. A new study indicates that eating them significantly improves our insulin sensitivity.
- Avandia Going Away. If you take Avandia, you need to see your doctor right away. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration just pulled the major diabetes drug Avandia (rosiglitazone) from the U.S. market -- with two exceptions.
- Fish, Inflammation, and Insulin Resistance. Omega-3 fats reduce chronic inflammation and insulin resistance. Now we know why.
If you have any interest in controlling your diabetes by low-carb eating, one of the best resources is Dr. Richard K. Bernstein's monthly webcast. It's an hour of excellent diabetes education.
Dr. Bernstein's next live tele-seminar is Wednesday, October 27, at 8:00 PM EST, 7:00 PM CST, 6:00 PM MST, and 5:00 PM PST. He designed it to answer your most important questions concerning diabetes and to offer his thoughts on the latest developments in this area.
The seminar is free. You can click here to register: http://www.diabetes911.net/askdrb/index.php. It's also available as a live webcast both on the Internet and by phone.
Whenever you want to find anything that I have written about diabetes -- whether on my website or on the Health Central Network -- the easiest way is to use the search tool on my site. You can search for all of the articles on my site or for the "Diabetes Developments" blog or the "Fitness and Photography for Fun" blog or what I have written at Health Central.
Just go to mendosa.com/search and check which one of the four sites you want to search and enter what you want to find in the search block.
The Health Central Network will now notify you by email of new articles (SharePosts) by me or anyone who posts at HealthCentral.com. Just click on "Subscribe" at the top of each of my articles or on my "Profile" page.
Each month I describe and link my new Health Central articles here. But you can also use a blog reader to keep up with my articles more quickly. I use Bloglines, as I describe in my article, “Reading Health Blogs.” Go to Bloglines, click on feeds, click on add, (both in left pane), then in center pane enter at “Blog or Feed URL” click on www.healthcentral.com/diabetes/c/17/rss/. Alternatively, you can subscribe to my new articles at Health Central by taking your browser to http://www.bloglines.com/sub/http://www.healthcentral.com/diabetes/c/17/.
- Is and will remain free.
- Will never include advertising (except targeted Google ads at the bottom of the web page and not in the email newsletter).
- Nor will I ever sell, rent, or trade your email address to anyone.
- I will link sources of information.
- I will disclose any conflict of interest.
- If and when I learn of any errors of fact, I will correct them.
Archives: I now send out Diabetes Update once a month.